Background and Purpose -
Why have an ethical and operational
To maintain standards and quality in a rapidly changing business
We believe in doing business differently from the old models and
paradigms of capitalist based ventures. These are our core
values such as trust, honesty, openness and respect, dignity.
It could be considered that in the rapidly changing world so
many businesses are rushing to cope with keeping their heads above
water. We believe we need to take time to reflect, review and
consider our business practices on a frequent basis to ensure that
our core values are met.
Within our business we encourage a culture of enquiry to listen
to our team members whatever their position and job role, to
motivate ourselves and others to enable a creative, innovative and
What this means for CSL and Creative Breads Kitchen
In our team that we challenge each other constructively to drive
each others performance.
Who is it for?
We follow the standards as set out by: Notes from Institute of
Business Ethics. 'Business Ethics for SMEs', Date: December
2007 (updated Jan 2010) Issue 6.
- We will provide products and services giving good value and
consistent quality, reliability and safety.
- We will not knowingly sell products which harm our
- We will treat all employees with equal respect and dignity and
will provide them with equality of opportunity to develop
themselves and their careers.
- We undertake to pay our suppliers and contractors in accordance
with agreed terms.
- We seek to compete fairly. We do not solicit or offer bribes or
other improper advantages for business or financial gain.
- We will protect the interests of shareholders and other
investors and will not do anything which will advantage one class
of investor at the expense of another.
- We are committed to developing and maintaining good
relationships with our local community, and to regularly supporting
'Business Ethics for SMEs', Date: December 2007
(updated Jan 2010) Issue 6.
What we believe to be important internally and
- We treat our customers as we would our friends.
- We look to develop positive and healthy relationships with each
other, our customers and the wider local community. Examples
include working closely with two local charities HIVE and
- We at all times seek to do no harm to others or the
- Wherever possible we seek to source products and services which
enable the most positive benefit(S) and the least harm to our
- We regard our environment as our team space, the local
community and the earth as a whole.
- We believe in a culture of open discussion and sharing of ideas
and mutual trust so that when there is an issue or a difficulty we
can converse to ensure splitting doesn't happen within the
team. Consequently this enables a real sense of belonging,
involving and safety.
- We think that our work should be fun and that we engage
positively to challenge each other rather than seeing situations as
- We believe honestly in our statement 'Looking after you,' in
that we look after each other and want to provide the best outcome
for you rather than for just financial gain.
- We are eager to help and source products and services of the
best quality and at an affordable price.
- We have an informal check in and check out system to support
each other and give team members the opportunity to give each other
feedback on how they are feeling.
- We believe that positive attitudes and attributes of our team
are as important as qualifications and that everyone has the
capacity to learn and develop.
What we believe are our ethical responsibilities and
commitments to be:
- To provide products when possible that are organic, locally
sourced and affordable and of high quality to our customers.
- None of our products are tested on animals.
- Wherever possible we source our products as close to our shop
as possible and encourage others to the same.
- We recycle all of our packaging, wood, plaster board etc.
- We are a polite, professional and approachable team and
continue to strive for this in all of our business
How we will we implement and review our ethical and
- Everyone in the team has had input into the development of this
policy and has personal responsibility to understand, contribute
- The review of this policy will be yearly.